Our aim is to fund approximately 1400 sports sessions, for 100 children and young people, in over 25 different sporting disciplines to include up to £500 of sporting equipment to enable these young people to take part in sport.
Sport funded projects have demonstrated the power that sport provides in creating a positive impact on the social and emotional development and well being of children and young people facing severe disadvantage. Our own evaluation has proven that our sport awards to young people have made a significant impact on creating positive and lasting change in their lives, helping them to build and develop resilience for coping with difficult circumstances. A resilient child can resist adversity, cope with uncertainty and recover more successfully from traumatic events or episodes.
Our project will:
- Create opportunities to try out different sporting activities
- Fund weekly sports coaching for those showing an interest and talent in sport
- Fund the hire and purchase of sporting equipment
- Pay for transport costs to activities where the young people are isolated in rural areas or are unable to pay for travel to sporting activities
- Build and develop resilience to challenging circumstances
- Improve engagement in learning
- Improve emotional and physical health and well being
- Develop talent
- Improve self esteem and self worth
- Improve social skills and provide opportunities to make new friendships
- Improve behaviour and reduce anti social and offending behaviour
- Create positive relationships with adults
- Greater community engagement and a sense of belonging.
Sam has attended the full week of activities and has had an excellent attitude and contributed throughout. He is particularly skilled and passionate about acrobatics and parkour and has demonstrated high skill in this discipline. It would serve him well to pursue it wherever possible and we have encouraged him to look into teaching this practice to others, perhaps pursue a health and safety course / DBS and maybe shadow someone who currently runs workshops in acrobatics/parkour in order that he might be able to become a workshop leader himself and run classes to earn a living doing something he loves and is very good at.
Please consider helping support our sports projects.
back to top
DONATING BY TEXT
You can text a donation by texting
to 70070. Change the amount in the text message according to the figure you would like.